South Lee Educate Together Newsletter
It has been a very exciting last few weeks for the whole school community of South Lee ETNS. Since we last spoke at our parents evening, I have finished in my previous role in Sundays Well and have commenced full time planning for our new beginning in August. I am available at any stage to meet with you if you have any questions over the coming months. The purpose of our newsletter is to regularly update you with any developments we are having in South Lee ETNS and to share all of our adventure with you!!
Looking forward to seeing you all soon.
We will have a Fun Day for the children on Tuesday June 25th at 4 O Clock. On that day, the children will get to meet one another, and you will also get to see our classroom and outdoor play facilities in CSN. We will meet for approximately 1 hour. We look forward to seeing you all on the day!
We will also be beginning in August with 2 teachers. Our 2nd teacher sanctioned by the DES and will be made permanent once we meet the numbers on September 30th. An appointment will be made during the summer!
Our Classroom In CSN
We had a very exciting week last week when we got access to our room in CSN, Tramore Rd Cork. The room itself is bright and has access to lots of natural light. There is an outdoor play area which we have direct access to. We will also have our own independent access for morning arrival and afternoon dispersal. Thanks so much to all the staff in CSN for being so helpful and accommodating.
Over the last few weeks, we have been busy developing a draft mission statement.
In South Lee ETNS, every child will learn in a positive, safe, inclusive, democratic, co-educational setting that is committed to enabling and supporting each child to recognise their gifts and to achieve their full potential, while at the same time preparing them to become caring and active members of a culturally diverse society. By cherishing difference, respecting ourselves and others and living the Educate Together ethos, we support each other to become the best we can in school and in life.
It is the responsibility of all school staff, school community and parents to create a positive climate of respect and trust which is conducive to a child’s wellbeing. The promotion of positive relationships is key to this in an ethos that is inclusive, promotes equality, supports learning, and where children and young people feel safe, secure, valued and respected. All staff and partners have the potential to be strong, positive role models for others, leading improvements in health and wellbeing in the school and in the local community. With this in mind, at South Lee ETNS, we have a number of school aims of the environment we wish to create for the children. At South Lee ETNS, each child will be:
- Every child will be Nurtured and will have a nurturing place to go to school where their sense of uniqueness, individuality and personality is embraced.
- Every child will Achieve and will be supported and guided in learning and in the development of skills, confidence and self-esteem, at home, in school and in the community.
- Every child will be Included and will be given strategies to help to overcome social, educational, physical and economic inequalities, and being accepted as part of the community in which they live and learn.
- Every child will be Active and will be given opportunities to take part in activities such as play, recreation and sport, which contribute to healthy growth and development.
- Every child will be Respected and given the opportunity, to be heard and involved in decisions that a effect them.
- Every child will be Safe protected from abuse, neglect or harm at home, at school and in the community.
- Every child will be taught to be Responsible and will be given opportunities and encouragement to play active and responsible roles at home, in school and in the community.
- Every child will be Healthy Having the highest attainable standards of physical and mental health, access to suitable healthcare, and support in learning to make healthy, safe choices.